Hello fellow Moon Gods and Goddesses!
Today we find ourselves basking in the glory of the new moon.
There are different schools of thought on what types of energy the new moon brings, so go with whatever feels right for you. However; I prefer using the new moon for beginnings, fresh starts, new opportunities and the chance to start something that I’ve been possibly putting off. The energies for me feel brand new, and working with the start of something in my life helps me stick with it for the 28-days of the moon’s cycle through to the full moon.
HOW TO WORK WITH THE NEW MOON ENERGY
Creating a routine or ritual around the moon is the best way to utilize its energy to your fullest potential. Each phase has different energies, but the ritual you create can be adapted to all of the phases easily.
START WITH AN INTENTION
The first thing you want to do is decide what you want to use the energies for. Decide what your intention will be for the next 28-days, from new moon to the full. This can be something simple like, “My intention is to eat healthier” or more challenging like, “My intention is to really work on my limiting beliefs and begin believing in all of the amazing things about myself.”
SET UP A SACRED SPACE
I’m all for having a space in your home, big or small, that you can go to for your moon rituals or ceremonies, or anytime you feel you need to get in touch with your soul. These can also be as simple or as extravagant as you prefer. Some items you can use for your sacred space are: crystals, tarot or oracle cards, candles, photos of loved ones or items you are working to manifest, statues of gods/goddesses or angels, feathers, or other treasured items. You can even decorate them for seasons, holidays, solstices, etc.
JOURNAL IT OUT
I am going to now mention the BIGGEST key piece of your moon magick success, your journal. As the previous items, your journal can be as simple as a composition notebook or a prettier, more expensive tome like a Moleskin.
SET THE MOOD
- Play some gentle music – look up Hz frequencies on YouTube for the New Moon to get your vibration in tune with that of the moon.
- Burn candles or incense: bring in the energies of Air and Fire.
- Drink tea or water: bring in the element of water.
- Hold crystals or have a plant or flowers nearby for earth energy.
- Turn off any bright lights, close your eyes and breathe in and out deeply for several counts of three. Let yourself relax.
GEMINI MOON PROPERTIES
Gemini is an air sign, so this new moon is wonderful for setting intentions revolving around communication and working with the throat chakra.
- Tell someone how you feel.
- A reminder to drop down to your heart center and to not be stuck up in your head all of the time.
- Read more books.
- That flirty person? Yeah, that’s on purpose. Explore it!
- Gemini also has a focus on socializing, ideas, and travel. This card has a fast, impulsive energy and this is the perfect time for you to get out and socialize!
- Gemini can also carry with it the ability to easily become overwhelmed. It’s important to clear the mind-clutter with quick daily meditations or brain-dumps in your journal!
Let me know what your ritual is for the new moon in the comments below and don’t forget to share this will all of your moon-loving friends!
Until next time ~ Much Love, Light, and Moonbeam Blessings,